POWER OF THE PEOPLE

Most of us have now seen examples of the power of the crowd. Large gatherings —like the worldwide Climate Marches of 2014— make our collective voice heard by the powers that be, and the booming success of crowdfunding websites (such as Indiegogo and Kickstarter) are proof that the public is primed and eager to speak up and have a say in innovation. According to a study commissioned by the World Bank, the global crowdfunding market could reach over $90 billion per year by 2025. CFX Alternative Investing estimates it could go as high as $300 billion.

That’s definitely interesting. But how can this collective will and desire translate into the power to affect change? The government’s JOBS Act program (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) has provided just such an opportunity.

Were you aware that since 1934 only 7% of the population was legally allowed to invest in private investment opportunities and that businesses looking for capital were not allowed to say so publicly? Well now, with the new regulations, the other 93% is granted the same rights and companies can advertise their investment opportunities for the world to see on crowdinvesting platforms like Clime-IT™.


Inherit-box.jpg

Yes, the “crowd” can now choose what technologies/businesses get funded and choose what direction progress takes. And it can share in the profits too. Take a second and imagine what this can mean.

That IS the POWER OF THE PEOPLE.

It is abundantly clear by now that climate change and the depletion of the planet’s resources will not be reversed by politicians. That ship has sailed. It will be resolved through the concerted actions of socially conscious entrepreneurs, visionary investors and an engaged crowd.

Finally, we can disconnect climate solutions from politics.

President Obama got it right when he said: “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change, and the last generation that can do something about it.”

Indeed.
Let’s get to it.

We’ve always had the numbers. Now we have the tools.